in the figure, if de parallel bc and ad = 4x -3 ae = 8x -7 , bd = 3x- 1 and ce = 5x -2fi x.d--
Asked by manshisinha117 | 12th Nov, 2019, 04:51: PM
In triangle ABC, D and E are the points on sides AB and AC respectively such that DE || BC
Using basic proportinality theorem,
Now, solve the quadratic equation to get the value of x.
Answered by Renu Varma | 13th Nov, 2019, 10:39: AM
- Answer of the question given below
- Two angles of a triangle are 70° and 80° The vertices of the triangle are on a circle of radius 3.5cm construct the triangle.
- Using Basic Proportionality Theorem, prove that a line drawn through the mid-point of one side of a triangle parallel to another side bisects the third side. [NCERT]
- what is Thales therom
- In the figure of ∆ABC ,DC ||AB. If AD = 2x ,DC = X +3, BC = 2x-1 and CE =X, then find the value of X.
- In three line segments OA, OB and OC,points L,M,Nrespectively are so shosen that LM ll AB and MN ll BC but neither of L, M nor of A,B,C are collinear. Show that LN ll AC.
- E and F are points on the sides PQ and PR respectively of a PQR. State whether EF || QR. PE = 3.9cm, EQ = 3cm, PF =3.6cm and FR = 2.4cm.
- Find value of x from given figure of DE II BC
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number