if the area of a rhombus is 48cm^2 , and one of its diagonal is 5 cm . find its altitude
Asked by ramaysah12 | 12th Mar, 2016, 06:38: PM
Area of Rhombus = 48 cm2
one diagonal = 5 cm
Area of a rhombus = = altitude × side
length of diagonal 2 = 19.2 cm
We know, diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular and bisect each other.
So, according to Pythagoras theorem,
= (2.5)2 + (9.6)2
= 6.25 + 92.16
So, each side of the rhombus = 9.92 cm
altitude = area ÷ side
= 48 ÷ 9.92
= 4.83 cm
Hence, the height of the rhombus is 4.83 cm
Answered by Keravi Thanani | 5th Dec, 2017, 02:27: PM
- Sir, the problem is as follows :- The perimeter of a trapezium is 52cm. Its non-parallel sides 10cm each and and the distance between two parallel sides is 8cm. Find the area of the Trapezium. I have attached a picture of the problem and have highlighted it. Please send me the solution. REGARDS
- What is the height of cubiodal cylinder whose volume is 1236 and radius is 4
- A rectangular glass vessel with dimension 12cm×5cm×4cm is partially filled with water , if a rectangular block of iron measuring 3cm×2cm×1.5cm is wholly immersed in water , by how much will the water level rise ? Ans - 0.15 cm
- A barn with a flat roof is rectangular in shape of breadth 10m.length 15 m ..and height 5 m ..it is to be painted inside on the wall and on ceiling but not on the floor..find the total area to be painted ....?? Ans -29600
- A room and ceiling is to be painted ...if the lenght breadth and height of room is 3.5 , 3 , 4.5 Find the area which is to be paintd
- The edge of a cube is 2 cm. Find the total surface area of the cuboid formed by three such cubes joined edge to edge.
- A closed cylindrical tank of radius 7 cm and height 5 cm is made from a metal sheet. If the breadth of the rectangular sheet is 10 cm, then find the length of the sheet.
- A cuboid is of dimensions 60 cm x 45 cm x 50 cm. How many small cubes with sides 5 cm can be placed in a given cuboid?
- A well of diameter 3 m is dug 14 m deep. The earth taken out of it has been spread evenly all around it in the shape of a circular ring of width 4 m to form an embankment. Find the height of theembankment.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number