(i) When is the shearing of fleece of sheeps done?
(ii) Why shearing does not hurt the sheep?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 26th Jul, 2016, 04:10: PM
(i) Shearing is done only once in a year generally in spring or early summer.
(ii) Shearing does not hurt the sheep because the uppermost thin layer of their skin is dead.
Answered by | 26th Jul, 2016, 06:10: PM
- why do you think a cotton garment cannot keep us warm in winter as a woollen as a woollen sweater does?
- Acrylic is synthetic fibre why?
- What are burrs?
- SOLVE THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE PLEASE. THANKS
- Which regions are the leading producers of yak wool and angora wool?
- What is done after dyeing of fibre in various colours during the process of making wool?
- (i) What is the purpose of scouring of the sheared skin obtained from sheeps? (ii) How is it done?
- (i)Write the proper sequence of processing fibre into wool. Shearing, Sorting, Rolling, Scouring. (ii) What are burrs?
- What is done after scouring of sheep during processing of fibre into wool?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number