(i) A text is sometimes deliberately displayed in its mirror image. Can you site one such example? Why is this done?
(ii) What do you mean by rectilinear propagation of light?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 8th Aug, 2013, 02:41: AM
(i) Emergency vehicles such as ambulances or fire engines use mirror images of the text written on them so that the driver of the vehicle infront of them reads it correctly in his rear-view mirror and hence gives way to the ambulance or fire engine.
(ii) The property of light travelling in straight lines in a medium is called rectilinear propagation of light.
Answered by | 8th Aug, 2013, 04:41: AM
- why do we call sun ray
- what is a reflection
- what is the role of reflector in torch?
- Light can't _ around object
- Define reflection.
- Why are plane mirrors used for self grooming?
- Why we cannot see our image in a white paper?
- On the road, you regularly see mirrors being used. Can you give any one such example?
- Can you give an example of light reflected from a transparent media?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number