describe sprinkler system
Asked by sanoharlal1 | 13th Sep, 2019, 08:27: PM
- Sprinklers or spray guns are attached to a large hosepipe at regular intervals to spray water.
- In the sprinkler method of irrigation, water is sprayed into the air and allowed to fall on the ground surface resembling rainfall.
- The spray is developed by the flow of water under pressure through small orifices or nozzles. The pressure is usually obtained by pumping.
- With careful selection of nozzle sizes, operating pressure and sprinkler spacing, the amount of irrigation water required to refill the crop root zone can be applied nearly uniform at the rate to suit the infiltration rate of soil.
- It is suitable for all types of crops but much water is wasted in process.
- Therefore, it is used on uneven land.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 14th Sep, 2019, 04:55: PM
- In dash type of irrigation , water is sprayed on a plants using rotating sprinkler
- What are the methods of irrigation. Explain.
- what is irrigation
- What is irrgation?describe 2 methodsof irrgation which conserve water
- state the importance of water in agriculture
- What is irrigation
- What is ploughing
- what is irrigaton
- what is crop rotation?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number