Give an account of green revolution
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Cross breeding between crops of two varieties to improve their quality is called hybridization.
Crop produced from hybridization will have qualities of both the parent crops.
Such varieties are called high yielding varieties or HYV seeds.
Production of HYV seeds led to increase in agricultural production reduced the food shortage considerably and generated more income in agriculture sector. This is known as green revolution.
Norman Borlaug is known as the father of green revolution. He received Noble prize for his contributions.
M. S. Swaminathan is known as father of green revolution in India.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- When did the green revolution started
- write any two exaple of food product that are obtained sith the help of microbes
- what is weeding
- the three cropping pattern
- What will lead to the deficiency in plants?
- What will lead to deficiency in plants?
- Organic farming leads to soil pollution.true or false
- name any 3 exotic breeds of cows
- How are microorganisms useful in food industry?
- What is the difference between threshing and winnowing?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number