How are microorganisms useful in food industry?
Asked by hiralashah12 | 7th Nov, 2019, 10:28: PM
Uses of microorganisms in food industry:
- Lactic acid bacteria are used to make curd along with other dairy products such as yoghurt, buttermilk, sour cream and cheese.
- Yeast is often used in the bakery industry for making breads, pastries and cakes.
- Dosa, upma and idli are fermented preparations using aerobic bacteria.
- Single Cell Protein (SCP) is microbial mass produced as a supplementary food for animals and human beings.
- Different alcoholic beverages such as wine, beer, whisky, brandy or rum are prepared using different species of yeast.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 8th Nov, 2019, 11:02: AM
- write any two exaple of food product that are obtained sith the help of microbes
- what is weeding
- the three cropping pattern
- What will lead to the deficiency in plants?
- What will lead to deficiency in plants?
- Organic farming leads to soil pollution.true or false
- name any 3 exotic breeds of cows
- What is the difference between threshing and winnowing?
- Project of food production
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number