From a pack of playing cards, all cards whose numbers are multiples of 3 are removed. A card is now drawn at random. What is the probability that the card drawn is (ii) an even numbered red card.
Asked by sohasurani78 | 4th Jun, 2022, 12:56: PM
Cards with number bearing multiples of 3 are removed.
i.e. cards 3, 6, 9 are removed from each of the four groups (diamond, spade, heart, club)
So, total 12 cards have been removed.
No. of cards left = 52 - 12 = 40
Even numbered cards are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
Probability of getting even numbered red card = 5/40 = 1/8
Answered by Renu Varma | 6th Jun, 2022, 11:31: AM
- natural numbers from 1 to 10 are written on paper slips and are put in a box. another box contains paper slips with numbers less than 10 which are multiples of 3. one slip is taken from the each box. a- what is the probabily of both being odd ? b- what is the probability of getting at least one even ?
- Two boys runs a 200m race . The probability of boy A winning the match is 10% more than B winning the match...then what's the probability of B winning the match.
- what is the meaning of probability
- A letter is chosen at random from the work EDUCATION. Find the probability that it is not in EXAMINATION
- A bag containing 5 white, 6 red balls and 9 green balls. A ball is Drawn at random from the bag. Find the probability of (i) A white (or) a red ball (ii) neither a green ball nor a white ball
- 2 coins are tossed simultaneously. find the probability of getting 2 heads
- A dice is thrown two times and the total throw is noted. Find the probability that the total score is 1. Even no. 2. Six 3. Less than 10.
- A circle with diameter 20cm is drawn somewhere on a rectangular piece of paper with length 40cm and width 30cm.This paper is kept horizontal on table top and a die ,very small in size,is dropped on the rectangular paper without seeing towards it. If the die falls and lands on the paper only,find the probability that it will fall and land: 1.inside the circle. 2.outside the circle
- A box contains a ceretain number of balls. Some of these balls are makred A. Some are makred B and the remainings are marked C When a ball is drawn at random from the box P(A) = 1/3 and P (B) = 1/4 . If there are 40 balls lin the box which are marked as C, find the number of balls in the box regards rs
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number