Explain the mechanism of heridity changes.
Asked by Ampra1952 | 6th Jun, 2019, 03:18: PM
- Heredity is the passing on of traits from parents to their offspring.
- These changes are passed on because of DNA and crossing over of genes.
- The traits that an organism possess are present because of their DNA. Their DNA has the information to express those traits/characterstics.
- In human beings, there are 46 chromosomes or 23 pairs of chromosomes, one from each parent.
- During gamete formation, the gamete takes one chromosome from each pair.
- When two such gametes having a single set of genes combine together, they restore the normal diploid number of chromosomes in the progeny.
- This is the mechanism of inheritance of traits.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 7th Jun, 2019, 11:28: AM
- what is the law about genetic information
- Traitsts acquired during the lifetime of an individuals are not inherited why
- why is variation beneficial to the species but not necessarily for the individual
- how we determine the genotype and phenotype of an organisms
- what is factor
- Explain the mono hybrid cross
- What is meant by single gene set and yei sets of gene
- What is heredity and important of it
- Describe me about inheritance of blood group
- What is importance of variatiion? Long decribe...
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number