explain that it is a matter of chance whether a couple will give birth toto a boy or a girl
Asked by | 12th Mar, 2008, 09:55: AM
- Humans have 22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosome.
- Male parent produces X bearing and Y bearing gametes or sperms.
- Female parent produces only X bearing gametes or eggs.
- During reproduction, the combination of X bearing gamete from males with one X bearing gamete from females results in offspring with genetic constitution– XX. The child produced is a female or a daughter.
- The combination of Y chromosome from males with one X chromosome from females results in an offspring with genetic constitution – XY. The child produced is a male or a son.
- Thus, the birth of a boy or a girl is purely a matter of chance and entirely depends on the type of sperm which fertilises the egg.
Answered by | 12th Dec, 2017, 04:25: PM
- importance of variation?
- a man with blood group A ,black color hair is crossed with woman with blood group O , brown colour hair show the monohybrid cross
- why is DNA copying an essential part of the process of reproduction
- which of the process sexual reproduction or Asexual Reproduction bring about maximum variation in the offspring
- Write the name of an insect in which similar type (as humans) of sex determination takes place.
- draw a cross between two pure breeding recessive parent with shape and colour of the pea seed
- if parent has TT than is it possible for any offspring to have tt
- State the 3 laws of inheritance
- what is the scientific name of green peas?
- what are variations?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number