explain that it is a matter of chance whether a couple will give birth toto a boy or a girl
Asked by | 12th Mar, 2008, 09:55: AM
- Humans have 22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosome.
- Male parent produces X bearing and Y bearing gametes or sperms.
- Female parent produces only X bearing gametes or eggs.
- During reproduction, the combination of X bearing gamete from males with one X bearing gamete from females results in offspring with genetic constitution– XX. The child produced is a female or a daughter.
- The combination of Y chromosome from males with one X chromosome from females results in an offspring with genetic constitution – XY. The child produced is a male or a son.
- Thus, the birth of a boy or a girl is purely a matter of chance and entirely depends on the type of sperm which fertilises the egg.
Answered by | 12th Dec, 2017, 04:25: PM
- what is the law about genetic information
- Traitsts acquired during the lifetime of an individuals are not inherited why
- why is variation beneficial to the species but not necessarily for the individual
- how we determine the genotype and phenotype of an organisms
- what is factor
- Explain the mono hybrid cross
- What is meant by single gene set and yei sets of gene
- What is heredity and important of it
- Describe me about inheritance of blood group
- What is importance of variatiion? Long decribe...
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number