explain how the law of conservation of energy holds true for three different position of the bob.
Asked by nathsantanukumar | 11th Apr, 2018, 04:59: PM
The swinging pendulum can either possess the kinetic energy or potential energy.
When the bob is at position B it possesses only the potential energy and not the kinetic energy. When it moves towards the point A its potential energy goes on decreasing. And kinetic energy goes on increasing.
When it reaches at point A it possesses only kinetic energy.
When it again tends to move towards the point C kinetic energy starts getting converted to potential energy.
Thus at extreme positions B and C, the potential energy is maximum. While at mean position kinetic energy is maximum.
Thus the total energy at every instant of a time is constant. This proves the law of conservation of energy.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 12th Apr, 2018, 01:00: PM
- Identify the energy possessed by a rolling stone
- State law of conservation of energy
- A child lifts a book of mass 1kg from the table to a cupboard at a height 2m from the floor .find the potential energy with respect to floor
- Mention one similarity between energy and matter
- The sequence of energy changes in hydroelectric power station is
- Is the energy spent on talking or thinking a kind of energy, give reason for your answer
- explain the change in energy of falling water in a hydro-electric power station
- define 1) gravitatioal potential energy 2) law of conservation of energy
- state the energy changes 1) an electric bulb 2)an electric motor
- state the energy changes 1)burning coal 2)moving car 3)a gun shot
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number