draw the path of a ray passing through a glass slab. state the factors on which lateral displacement depend. what is the angle of deviation of emergent ray
Asked by kalyani | 19th Sep, 2018, 04:28: PM
Lateral displcement depends upon following factors:
(i) thickness of glass slab
(ii) material used
(iii) angle of incidence on the glass slab
Angle of deviation is the angle between the incident ray and the emergent ray.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 20th Sep, 2018, 12:11: PM
- when snell's law is not valid? or for what angle of incidence snell's law is not valid?
- In an aquarium a fish 6 cm long is swimming directly towards the plane glass front . If at a certain moment head of the fish is 18 cm behind the glass front,find the apparent length of the fish as seen by a person looking through the glass. Given R.I. of water = 4/3
- When a white ray of light passes through a prism , it is dispersed. Why? Why does violet colour deviates most, but red colour deviates least while dispersed by a prism?
- What is refraction? State the three laws of refraction.
- What is the basic cause for refraction?
- Why does a tank appear shallower than its actual depth?
- Prove that apparent depth is ¾ of real depth.
- What is the difference between reflection and refraction?
- What is the Snell's Law of Refraction?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number