Describe double fertilization in plants.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Jul, 2017, 01:37: PM
In plants, one male gamete fuses with the egg to form a diploid zygote. This fusion is called syngamy. The other male gamete fuses with the other two polar nuclei to form triploid primary endosperm nucleus. This fusion is called triple fusion. This mechanism of two acts of fertilization occurring in an embryo is called double fertilization.
Answered by | 25th Jul, 2017, 03:37: PM
- Distinguish between cross-pollination and self-pollination. Mention the site and product of fertilization in a flower
- Fertilization in plants accurs in the
- Difference between dormancy and breaking of dormancy.
- what is double fertilisation?
- What are the advantages of seed formation in plants
- What is difference between monocot and dicot seeds. Draw diagram of each.
- Describe double fertilization and triple fusion in angiosperms.
- what is seed
- Explain the process double fertilization in plants with diagram ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number