Chromosomes is the physical basis of heredity.explain by giving 6 points including dna,genes and sexual reproduction.
Asked by my3shyll | 21st Mar, 2017, 03:49: PM
- Chromosomes are organised structures made up of DNA and proteins found in cells.
- Genes are the specific parts of chromosomes or Deoxyribo Nucleic Acid (DNA) segments which determine the hereditary characteristics.
- Each gene is assigned a specific location on the chromosome which eventually determines the function of that gene.
- Genes are the units of heredity which transfer characteristics from parents to their offspring during sexual reproduction.
- Genes also control the functioning of important life processes in the cells.
- As genes are located on the chromosomes, it can be said that the chromosomes form the physical basis of heredity.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 21st Mar, 2017, 05:25: PM
- why is DNA copying an essential part of the process of reproduction
- which of the process sexual reproduction or Asexual Reproduction bring about maximum variation in the offspring
- Write the name of an insect in which similar type (as humans) of sex determination takes place.
- draw a cross between two pure breeding recessive parent with shape and colour of the pea seed
- if parent has TT than is it possible for any offspring to have tt
- State the 3 laws of inheritance
- what is the scientific name of green peas?
- what are variations?
- right or wrong in RNA nitrogen base thymine is replace by uracil
- A man with blood group A marries a women with blood group o and their daughter has blood group o. write the possible progeny in F1 generation ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number