Chapter/Topic : Motion in a Plane
An insect is moving uniformly with speed
Asked by Sunil Soni | 9th Aug, 2016, 07:02: PM
There appears to be a mismatch in the information provided, the question asked in the end of this question ('height of the cone is')
and the options provided along with this question (which has no link with the height).
Kindly look into the question again and rectify the fault.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 12th Aug, 2016, 03:02: PM
- What was the aim of Rutherford's alpha particles scattering experiments? Who performed the experiment? What was the main outcome of the experiments?
- Explain how Rutherford’s exp on scattering of particles led to the estimation of the size of the nucleus.
- What are the drawbacks of Rutherford's atom model?
- As per Rutherford's atom model, what is the total energy of an electron revolving in a circular orbit of radius r?
- What is the main feature of Rutherford's atom model?
- What is the main conclusion of -particles scattering experiments?
- Define distance of closest approach?
- What would change in the gold foil experiment if it was beta not alpha particles ? Would the negatively charged particles be attracted to the positive nucleus?
- In Rutherford's experiment, a thin gold foil was bombarded with alpha particles. According to Thomson's "plum-pudding" model of the atom, what should have happened?
- How is the impact parameter b defined in scattering?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number