A student focuses the image of a well illuminated distant object on a screen using a convex lens. After that he gradually moves the object towards the lens and each time focuses its image on the screen by adjusting the lens.
a) In which direction - towards the screen or away from the screen, does he move the lens?
b) What happens to the image on the screen when he moves the object very close to the lens?
Asked by pdcavita | 19th Dec, 2017, 06:43: AM
a) He will move the lens away from the screen.
b) When an object is very close to the lens a virtual image is formed by the lens.
Answered by Gajendra | 19th Dec, 2017, 01:02: PM
- drop of water bheaves like a
- what is lens
- power of a lens is found to be + 2.5Diopter what kind of lens is it
- power of a lens is found to be + 2.5 Diopter what kind of lens is it
- The radius of curvature of two faces of double convex lens are 10cm,15cm and its focal length is 12cm. Then determine refractive index of lens
- why does in case of hypermetropia using a convex lens doesnot affect our far view
- If a spherical lens has a power of, – 0.25 D, the focal length of this lens will be *
- a concave lens of focal length 25 cm and a convex lens of focal length 20cm are placed in contact with each other. What is the power of this combination and also find the focal length of the combination? each other. What is the power
- The power of eye lens of normal eye where it is at its far point and near point respectively is ( assume the distance of the retina from the rye lens to be 2.5cm)
- Define main focus of convex lens
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number