A person being chased by a lion is running on a straight line towards his car
at a constant speed of 4m/s. The car is at a distance of d meters away from
the person. The lion is 26 m behind the person and running at a constant
speed of 6 m/s. The person reaches the car safely. What is the maximum
possible value of d?
Asked by Atal Kumar | 16th May, 2015, 04:02: AM
In order for the lion to catch the person over the distance d, the lion must reach the car at the same time as that of the person.
In the time t taken by the man to reach the car, the lion must travel a total distance of d + 26 m.
For the person:
For the lion:
Since the man and the lion runs for the same time, we have
6d = 4d + 104
d = 52 m
Thus, the maximum possible distance distance is 52 m.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 13th Dec, 2017, 06:34: PM
- in 12 minute a car whose speed is 35km/hr travel with a distance of
- Abdul, while driving to school, computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 km/h. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 km/h. What is the average speed of Abdul's trip?
- what is angular velocity
- A car travels with speed 30km /h for 30mins .and then with speed 40km/h for one hour find the total distance traveled by the car
- two men approach each other from opposite direction with velocity 10m/s and 15m/s . If their initial separation was 150m when and where will they meet?
- what is average speed
- What is Velocity?
- A cyclist covers a distance of 50 m in 10 s. Calculate the speed of the cyclist in I m/s (ii) km/h
- define velocity
- An object moves 9 m in first 3 sec, 11 m in next 3 sec, and 7 in last 3 sec. What is its average speed?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number