a man is twice as old as his son .20 years ago the age of the man was 12 times the age of the son . find their present age.
Asked by singhaprajita7144.7sdatl | 27th May, 2020, 09:34: AM
Let the age of the son be x years.
Age of the father will be 2x.
20 years ago, age of the father would have been 2x-20 and that of the son would have been x-20
Therefore, 2x-20 = 12(x-20)
2x - 20 = 12x - 240
12x - 2x = 240 - 20
10x = 220
x = 22
Hence, the present ages of son and father is 22 and 44 respectively.
Answered by Renu Varma | 27th May, 2020, 10:20: AM
- If 4 is added to four times a number, the result is 10 more than three times the number. Find the number
- The sum of two numbers is 80 and the greater number exceed twice the smaller number by 11.Find the Number
- 5 time a number is 75 write equation for the statement
- Solve 3x +7 = 35- x and check your answer
- Question is in the picture
- Add two times a number with three times the same number?
- a labourer is engaged for 20 days on the condition that he will receive 280 rs for each day he works and will be fined 60 rs for each day he is absent. if he recieves 2540 rs in all, for how many days did he remain absent?
- there are some 50 paisa and some 25 paisa coins in a bag. if the total number of coins is 30 and their total value is 11rs , find the number of coins of each kind.
- a man is28 years older than his son . after 10 years,he will be thrice as old as his son. find their present ages.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number