A man donates 10 aluminium buckets to an orphanage . A bucket made of aluminium is of h=20cm and has its upper and lower end of r=36cm and 21 cm . Find the cost of preparing 10 buckets if the cost of aluminium is rs 42 per 100 cm sq
Asked by thunderboyshubharth2005 | 13th Mar, 2021, 01:54: PM
Bucket in the shape of Frustum of a cone.
Given: r = 21 cm, R = 36 cm, h = 20 cm
Surface area of one bucket where r is radius of bottom circular surface, R is radius of top surface, h is height and l is slant height given by
Surface area of one bucket
So, surface area of 10 buckets
So, the cost of aluminium sheet
Answered by Renu Varma | 15th Mar, 2021, 02:47: PM
- How to find out slant height if h is 24 and r is 36
- The number of planes of dimensions 4m×5m×20m that can be stored in a pit of dimensions 60m×40m×12m is
- A cone is divided into two parts by drawing a plane through the mid point of its axis and parallel to its base. Compare the volume of two parts.
- A metallic right circular cone 20 cm high and whose vertical angle is 60° is cut into two parts at the middle of its height by a plane parallel to its base. If the frustum so obtained be drawn into a wire of diameter 1/16cm, find the length of the wire.
- Question no 16 pls
- If the radii of the circular ends of a conical bucket which is 45 cm high be 28 cm and 7 cm, find the capacity of the bucket.
- The slant height of a frustum of a cone is 4 cm and perimeters of its circular ends are 18 cm and 6 cm. Find the curved surface area.
- A container, open from the top and made up of a metal sheet, is in the form of a frustum of a cone of height 16 cm with radii of its lower and upper ends as 8 cm and 20 cm respectively. Find the cost of milk which can completely fill the container at the rate of Rs.20/ litre. Also find the cost of metal sheet used to make the container if it costs Rs. 8 per 100 cm2.
- A bucket is in the form of a frustum of a cone with a capacity of 12308.8 cm3 of water. The radii of the top and bottom circular ends are 20 cm and 12 cm respectively. Find the height of the bucket and the area of the metal sheet used in its making.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number