A juice seller serves his customers using glasses that are cylindrical in shape, with a raised hemispherical bottom.The inner diameter of the cylindrical glass is 7 cm and height 12 cm. The bottom of the glass has a raised hemispherical portion. Find the apparent and actual capacities of the glass.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Oct, 2017, 02:00: PM
Answered by | 27th Oct, 2017, 04:00: PM
- How many silver coins,1.75 cm.in diameter and thickness 2mm., need to be melted to form a cuboid of dimensions 5.5cm.x 10cm.x 3.5cm
- What is radius of largest right circular cone that can be cut out from a cube of edge 4.2 cm
- Rain water ,which falls on a flat rectangular surface of length 6m and breath 4m transferred into a cylindrical vessel of internal radius 20cm. What will be the height of water in the cylindrical vessel if a rainfall of 1cm has fallen?pie = 22/7
- Sushant has a vessel, of the form of an inverted cone, open at the top, of height 11 cm and radius of top as 2.5 cm and is full of water. Metallic spherical balls each of diameter 0.5 cm are put in the vessel due to which 25th of the water in the vessel flows out. Find how many balls were put in the vessel. Sushant made the arrangement so that the water that flows out irrigates the flower beds. What value has been shown by Sushant?
- The diameter of a copper sphere is 6 cm. the sphere is melted and recast into a wire. If the length of the wire is 36 cm, find its radius.
- A hemispherical bowl of internal radius 9 cm contains a liquid. This liquid is filled in small cylindrical bottles of diameter 3 cm and height 4 cm. Determine the number of bottles used to empty the bowl.
- A vessel is in the form of an inverted cone. Its height is 8 cm and the radius of its top which is open is 5 cm. It is filled with water up to the rim. When lead shots, each of which is a sphere of radius 0.5 cm, are dropped into the vessel, one fourth of the water flows out. Find the number of lead shots dropped in the vessel.
- A spherical cannon ball, 28 cm in diameter, is melted and cast into a right circular conical mould, the base of which is 35 cm in diameter. Find the height of the cone.
- A girl fills a cylindrical bucket 32 cm in height and 18 cm in radius with sand. She empties the bucket on the ground and makes a conical heap of the sand. If the height of the conical heap is 24 cm, find the radius and the slant height of the heap. (Answer correct to one place of decimal)
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number