(a) i) In a cross between a white flowered plant and pink flowered plant, the F1 generation was found to be pink. On this basis, which are the dominant and the recessive traits?
ii) What is the ratio of the plants in F2 generation?
(b) Mendel said that the characteristics (traits) of organisms are carried from one generation to the next by internal factors which occur in pairs. What is the modern name for these factors?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 3rd Dec, 2013, 01:25: AM
i) The pink colour of flowers is the dominant trait whereas the recessive trait is white colour.
ii) 3:1 (pink:white)
Answered by | 3rd Dec, 2013, 03:25: AM
- How many perfect pair of chromosomes are found in the father of a girl?
- Explain the mechanism of heridity changes.
- What is deocydeoxyribonu?
- Why males are called heterogametic?
- wat is heredity
- What do you mean by heridity
- sir/mam would you help me to find out the difference between a genotypic ratio and phenotypic ratio?
- I want to know how to self pollinate and cross pollinate the plants(genes) in mendels experiment? what type of pollination did mendel do in his experiment i.e. in F1 and F2 generation?
- what are the functions of chromosomes???????????.....
- The science dealing with biotechnology is called ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number