A fruit seller had some apples. He sells 40% apples and still has 420 apples. How many apples he originally had?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Suppose originally he had x apples.
Then, (100 - 40)% of x = 420.
He originally had 700 apples.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Reet sells two radios sets for rs2288 each on one he gains 10%and on other he loses 10% find her gain or loss percent .
- three years ago, the population of a town was 50000. if the annual increase during three successive years be at the rate of 5%,4% and 3% respectively. What is the present population?
- A batsman scored 110 runs which included 3 boundaries and 8 sixes. What percent of his total score did he make by running between the wickets?
- Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is:
- If 40% of a number is equal to two-third of another number, what is the ratio of first number to the second number?
- A person borrows Rs. 5000 for 2 years at 4% p.a. simple interest. He immediately lends it to another person at 6 p.a. for 2 years. Find his gain in the transaction per year.
- Three candidates contested in an election and received 1136, 7636 and 11628 votes respectively. What percentage of the total votes did the winning candidate get?
- If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 will be:
- In a certain school, 20% of students are below 8 years of age. The number of students above 8 years of age is of the number of students of 8 years of age which is 48. What is the total number of students in the school?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number