Asked by Paresh | 1st Dec, 2015, 08:47: PM
ii. Let the height of the water column be 'h'.
In equilibrium condition: Weight of the iron block = Total upthrust
i.e, V dirong = Upthrust of water + Upthrust of mercury
1000 × 7.2 × g = h × 100 × 1 × g + (10 - h) × 100 × 13.6 g
72 = h + 136 - 13.6 h
72 = 136 - 12.6 h
12.6 h = 136 - 72
12.6 h = 64
y = 5.08 cm
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 2nd Dec, 2015, 10:21: AM
- what is density?
- When a piece of cork is put into the water it starts floating on the surface of water due to the upward buoyant force from water.
- you are provided with a piece of rock and common laboratory equipments.how will you proceed to find its density.
- what are fluids?
- What is the unit of density?
- What happens if the bouyant force of liquid is equal to or greater than or less than the solid object which is to be immersed into the liquid
- what is the relationship between boyant force and displaced water
- pressure at certain depth in river water is p1.,same depth in sea water is p2.which of following is correct? a)p1=p2 b)p1>p2 c)p1<p2 d)p1-p2=atmospheric pressure
- why is it easier for a person to swim in sea water than in fresh water?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number