a bus starting from rest moves with a uniform accelaration of 0.1 ms-2 for 2 minutes .find a. the speed acquired, b. the distance travelled.
Asked by mahendra_soniya | 3rd Aug, 2015, 05:06: PM
Initial speed of the bus, u= 0
Acceleration, a = 0.1 m s-2
Time taken, t = 2 minutes =2 × 60 s = 120 s
Speed acquired, v = ?
Distance travelled, s = ?
(a) v= u + at
v = 0 + 0.1 × 120
v = 12 m s–1
Thus, speed acquired by the bus is 12 m s-1.
(b) According to the equation of motion:
v2 = u2+ 2as
v2 - u2= 2as [where, s is the distance covered by the bus]
(12)2 - (0)2= 2(0.1) s
144 = 0.2 s
s = 144 / 0.2
s = 720 m = 7.2 × 102 m
Thus, distance travelled by the bus is 720 m.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 3rd Aug, 2015, 06:09: PM
- a car is moving with the acceleration 2m/s from rest find the distance traveled by the car in 10th second
- A car travells 33 km south 13 km west and 14 km north in half an hour calculate the average velocity
- briefly explain different type of motions
- in 12 minute a car whose speed is 35km/hr travel with a distance of
- Abdul, while driving to school, computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 km/h. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 km/h. What is the average speed of Abdul's trip?
- what is angular velocity
- A car travels with speed 30km /h for 30mins .and then with speed 40km/h for one hour find the total distance traveled by the car
- two men approach each other from opposite direction with velocity 10m/s and 15m/s . If their initial separation was 150m when and where will they meet?
- what is average speed
- What is Velocity?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number