1. A train travels between two stations X and Y , a distance of 120 km and 80 minutes. It passes to a station Z , 1 hour after leaving X , what is the distance between Y and Z.
Asked by shreyasonar94.7spicertl | 6th Sep, 2020, 02:41: PM
The average speed of the train is 120/80 = 3/2 km/minutes = 1.5 km/min
Distance travelled in 1 hour = Distance travelled in 60 minutes = 1.5 x 60 = 90 km
As the train passes station Z in 1 hour after leaving station X, so the distance between X and Z = 90 km
Now, DIstance between Y and Z = (Distance between X and Y) - (Distance between X and Z) = 120 - 90 = 30km
Answered by Renu Varma | 7th Sep, 2020, 12:14: PM
- A child cycles at a speed of 4 m/s how much distance will he cover in 2 minutes
- How can I convert 1.5m/s to km/h ?
- Mohan travels in an aeroplane at a distance of 1200 km for the first half of the distance the plane flies at a speed of 900 km per hour and to the rest of the distance is flies at a speed of 750 kilometre per hour how long does the Trip take
- 72 km/hr to m/s
- a car started from town P and travelled towards town Q at speed of 70km/hr at the same time a van started from town Q and travelled towards town P at speed of town Q town Q towns town
- A train 260 m long running at 72 km/h, crosses a bridge 240 m long. Find the time taken by it.
- Express a) 7 cm in metre and kilometre.
- How to find speed when time and distance is given Distance=34km/hr , Time=54hr
- In a flight of 2 hours, an airplane travels one third of the time at 760 KMPH and the remaining time at 800 KMPH . So what is the overall distance covered?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number