what is the scope of chemistry?
Chemistry is the branch of science which deals with the study of substances – their composition or constituents, their method of preparation and their reaction with other substances. The two main branches of chemistry are:
- Inorganic Chemistry: Includes study of innumerable elements and compounds including metals
- Organic Chemistry: Includes study of specific carbon compounds of carbon and hydrogen.
- Fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, herbicides are used to improve soil fertility, to kill insects, to inhibit fungi, to destroy and control weeds respectively.
- Anaesthetics are used for inducing unconsciousness for painless surgical operations; antiseptics are used for minimizing bacterial growth and initiating early recovery.
- A number of consumer products are developed using the basic knowledge of chemistry, including cosmetics, detergents, paper, pencils, pens, glass, bags, plastics etc.
- In industry chemical compounds like paints, dyes, steels, alloys have a lot of applications.
- Chemistry has helped in developing a number of life-saving drugs that are useful in controlling the spread of diseases.
You have rated this answer 10/10