CBSE Class 12-science - Oxygen Videos
This video explains preparation, properties and uses of oxygen and ozone. Study of various oxides- acidic, basic, amphoteric and neutral oxides.
- An aqueous solution of an inorganic compund X shows the following reactions (i) It decolorises an acdified KMNO4 solution with the evolution of O2. (ii) It liberates iodine from an acidified KI solution. (iii) It gives brown ppt with alkaline KMNO4 solution with the evolution of O2. (iv) It removes black stains from oil paintings. Identify X and give equations.
- Two gases A and B are allotropes. A is paramagnetic and B is diamagnetic. B is a powerful oxidizing agent than A. A is converted to B by silent electrical discharge. A is colorless while B is a pale blue gas. B reacts with blackened lead paintings to make them white. B converts colorless NO gas to brown gas C and A is also formed. Identify A,B and C and write the reactions involved.
- O3+ I- +H2O gives
- why CO and N2O are called neutral gas?
- Name the allotropic form of oxygen. What is the environment disturbance caused by oxygen and its isotope?
- Give reason H2S is a gas and H2O is liquid.
- Is the boiling point of hydrogen peroxide higher or lower than water?
- Water is an oxide of hydrogen. Comment on its nature.
- List the anomalous behavior of water and give reason for each.
- Write short note on the various types of oxides formed by oxygen.