CBSE Class 12-science Biology Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Differences between stain and varieities
- Suggest a method to overcome excessive inbreeding depression.
- an area is sprayed with DDT by an aircraft what happens to the nearby lake a. mortality of fishes b. no effect
- How can pollen grains of wheat and rice which tend to lose viability within 30 minutes of their release be made available months later for breeding programmes?
- State the importance of biofortification.
- State any one significance of interspecific hybridisation in plants.
- Why does the pure line represent the progeny of homozygous plants?
- (i) Name the chemical used for doubling the chromosome number. (ii) Name the improved variety of wheat which was developed through hybridisation that took 12 years.
- What is inbreeding in plants? What happens to the recessive alleles in this process?
- What is interspecific hybridisation? Give one example of a crop in which it is practised and mention one advantage derived from it.
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.