Write the balanced equation for steps involved in white washing walls
Asked by amarjithsingh1713 | 22nd Sep, 2019, 09:55: AM
Balanced equations for steps involved in white washing walls:
Calcium hydroxide is used for white washing of walls.
Calcium oxide combines with water to formed calcium hydroxide.
CaO + H2O → Ca(OH)2
This calcium hydroxide combines with carbondioxide in air to form layer of calcium carbonate on the walls.
Ca(OH)2 + CO2 → CaCO3 + H2O
Answered by Varsha | 22nd Sep, 2019, 06:26: PM
- Why water is added to CaO slowly? Why we do not mix whole CaO into the water bucket?
- What is electrolysis. Explain its procedure and usages.
- wht is decomposition reaction
- How can we classify equations into endothermic and exothermic reactions just by looking at it?
- Q. 1 A solution of substance X is used for white-washing . (i) Name the substance X and write it's formula. (ii) Write the reaction of substance X with water.
- Is Digestion a Decomposition Reaction?
- In electrolysis of water ,the water coloum at anode looks more higher in spite of having less volume of oxygen gas than cathode having double volume of hydrogen gas ,Is there any reason or it is an error of NCERT text book
- what is meant by combination reaction
- Differences between combination and decomposition reaction
- What is the relationship between black and white photography and decomposition of silver chloride
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number