CBSE Class 10 Answered
What steps have been taken by the government of India to conserve and protect wildlife?
The government has taken many steps in order to protect Indian wildlife. They are
1. The Indian Wildlife Act was passed by the government in 1972 for the protection of plants and animal species.
2. The Act banned hunting and poaching of animals and provided legal protection to their habitats.
3. The central and state governments have established many wildlife sanctuaries and national parks in order to protect forests and wildlife.
4. Various projects regarding the conservation of endangered species such as tiger and one-horned rhino have been initiated by the government.
5. The government, through the introduction of a joint management programme, has involved local communities in the management of forests.