what is thyroid gland and pitutiary gland ?
Asked by dilipdhaker1976 | 17th Nov, 2017, 07:30: PM
The thyroid gland, or simply the thyroid, is an endocrine gland in the neck which secretes two hormones:thyroxine and triiodothyronine. The pituitary gland is a tiny organ, the size of a pea, found at the base of the brain which secretes vassopressin and oxytocin. It is called as the master gland
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 15th Dec, 2017, 04:16: PM
- Important glands in human body A. Endocrine gland and where it is located B. hormone secreted C. main function and deficiency diseases
- Discuss the role of hormones
- whythe goitre diseses occure.?
- Q1 Why do adolescents suffer from pimple and breakouts?
- Why endocrine glands are called ductless glands?
- In girls, which hormone is produced by ovary during puberty? How does this hormone affect the mammary glands?
- Why pituitary gland is called as master gland?
- What is metamorphosis?
- Which disease is this child suffering from? Write its cause.
- Name one hormone secreted by: (a) Adrenal gland (b) Pituitary gland (c) Pancreas (d) Thyroid gland
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number