What is thermal reaction?
Asked by Jitendra | 15th Apr, 2017, 07:14: PM
Decomposition of calcium carbonate to calcium oxide and carbon dioxide on heating is an important decomposition reaction used in various industries. Calcium oxide is called lime or quick lime. It has many uses – one is in the manufacture of cement. When a decomposition reaction is carried out by heating, it is called thermal decomposition or thermal reation.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 15th Apr, 2017, 11:33: PM
- if the symbol of heat i.e triangle is given on the arrow between reactants and products the which type of reaction is that exothermic or endothermic?
- silver nitrate solution is kept in colored bottles.why?
- Give examples of photochemical reaction with explanation ...
- Which two reactions are used in black and white photography
- Why is a combustion reaction an Oxidation reaction
- on heating green coloured ferous sulphate crystal reddish brown solid is left and smell of a gas having odour of burning sulphur is absorbed ? why is the amount of a gas collected in one of the test tube in activity 1.7 double of the amount collected in other. name these gases? give five example of ridox reaction? during the reaction of some metal with dilute hydrochloride following observations were make: the temperature of the reaction rises when aluminium is added. the reaction of sodium metal is found to be highly explosive. some bubbles of a gas are seen when lead is reacted with the acid
- Compound A, the main supporter of life on Earth, needs a drop of sulphuric acid to give a rocket fuel and the supporter of combustion. Compound B, with the same components of A are colourless and kept away from sunlight, produces A and the supporter of combustion. compound C is prepared by using diamond and the supporter of combustion. This compound forms a precipate with slaked lime unless excess amount is passed into it. (a) Identify A, B and C (b) Write balanced chemical equations in each case (c) Name the type of reaction in each case (d) What is the colour of the precipitate left behind in the last case?
- Maam Can you please enlist all the important chemical reactions which are accompanied by a colour change
- In electrolysis of water why is yhe volum of gas collected over one electrod double that of gas collect ed over the other electrode?
- Q)when potassium chlorate is heated in the presence of manganese dioxide catalyst it decomposes to form potassium chloride and oxygen gas . represent this in the form of a balanced equation
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number