what is the law of inhertance ?
Asked by cbafna66 | 1st Aug, 2014, 08:29: PM
Two basic genetic principles were established by John Gregor Mendel: The Law of Segregation and The Law of Independent Assortment.
According to the Law of segregation, the genetic characteristics of a species are represented in the somatic cells by a pair of units called genes that separate during meiosis so that each gamete receives only one gene for each trait.
According to the Law of Independent Assortment, the members of a gene pair on different chromosomes segregate independently from other pairs during meiosis, so that the gametes offer all combination of factors.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 2nd Aug, 2014, 01:07: PM
- how do Mendel's experiment show that traits may be dominant or recessive
- IN A CERTAIN SPECIES OF ANIMALS, BLACK FUR(B) IS DOMINANT OVER BROWN FUR(b). PREDICT THE GENOTYPE AND PHENOTYPE OF THE OFFSPRINGWHEN BOTH PARENTS ARE THE Bb OR HAVE HETEROZYGOUS BLACK FUR.
- Name any three genetic diseases in humans. Pls reply fast..
- Explain gregor mendel laws
- What is a trait in biology?
- what is F1 and F2 generation .Explain
- Plz answer 13 and 14 With theexplanation of the choice
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number