What are axioms and postulates ?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Axioms and postulates are the assumptions which are obvious universal truths. They are not proved.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Why is axiom 5, in the list of Euclid axiom, considered a universal truth?
- structure of geometry is divided into how many parts
- Write any five Euclid's axioms.
- Write any three Euclid's postulates.
- Which of the Euclid's postulates implies the existence of parallel lines? Also, state the postulate.
- What do you mean by the term 'consistent' in context of a system of axioms?
- If A, B and C are three points on a line such that AB > BC. Show that B is not the mid-point of AC.
- By using the Euclid's postulates and Axioms, show that two lines perpendicular to the same lines are parallel to each other.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number