The sides of a triangular plot are in the ratio of 3:5:7 and it's perimeter is300 meter .find its area
Asked by ravinderchoudhary0486 | 6th Dec, 2019, 10:59: AM
The sides of a triangular plot are in the ratio of 3:5:7.
Let the sides are 3x, 5x and 7x.
Perimeter of a triangle = 300
3x + 5x + 7x = 300
15x = 300
x = 20
Then the sides are 60 m, 100 m, 140 m
The area of triangle using Heron's formula a = 60 m, b = 100 m and c = 140 m
s = (a + b + c)/2 = 150
Area of triangle = √s(s - a)(s - b)(s - c)
= √150(150 - 60)(150 - 100)(150 - 140)
= 2598 m2
Answered by Sneha shidid | 6th Dec, 2019, 12:12: PM
- an isosceles right angled triangle has an area of 8cm square.find the lenght of its hypotenuse.
- The sides of triangular park in ratio of 2:6:7 and it perimeter is 300m. Then its area is
- Find the area of an isosceles triangle whose perimeter is 60cm and each of equal sides is 24cm
- If the area of an equilateral triangle is 16√3cmsq then find the perimeter of the triangle
- the base of a triangular field is three times its altitude is the cost of sowing the field at rupees 58 per hectare is rupees 783 find its base and height
- A piece of paper is in the shape of a right-angled triangle and is cut along a line that is parallel to the hypotenuse, leaving a smaller triangle. There was 35% reduction in the length of the hypotenuse of the triangle. If the area of the original triangle was 34 square inches before the cut, what is the area (in square inches) of the smaller triangle?
- Prove that a median divides a triangle into two triangle of equal area
- find area of a triangle whose sideas are 13cm,14cm and 15cm
- only 1st n 3rd are in doubt
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number