Tell me the parts of DIVISION i.e. suppose it is written 7\3.5.Which is the DIVIDEND?Which is the DIVISOR?
Asked by akdutta100 | 11th Sep, 2014, 11:46: AM
Division is the inverse operation of multiplication.
Division is splitting into equal parts or groups. It is the result of "fair sharing".
Suppose there are 20 pens. Shopkeeper is arranging 5 pens in a box.
How many boxes does he need?
This is a division problem.
First he will keep the boxes in line.
He puts 5 pens in a box, therefore, subtract 5 from 20 and hence one box is used.
He is now having 15 pens.
Again he puts the second set of 5 pens in a box, therefore, subtract 5 from 15 and hence the second box is used.
The shop keeper is having 10 pens.
And he puts the third set of 5 pens in a box, therefore, subtract 5 from 10 and hence the third box is used.
Now the shop keeper is having 5 pens.
Now he puts the last set of 5 pens in a box, therefore, he used 4 boxes.
Here we are dividing 20 and hence 20 is the dividend.
We are dividing 20 by 5, and hence 5 is divisor.
In the given expression,
Thus, 7 is the dividend and 3.5 is the divisor, 2 is the quotient 0 is the remainder.
Answered by Vimala Ramamurthy | 11th Sep, 2014, 03:46: PM
- is 56321 divisable by 7
- (63 _(_3) }_2_8_3}] ÷3}5+(_2) (_1)
- Ex.1.4 Q.5 The temperature at 12 noon was 10ºC above zero. If decreases at the rate of 2ºC/hr untill midnight ,at what time would the temperature be 8ºC below 0? What would be temperature at midnight?
- 30÷ -30
- what is the answer of 0/10 ?
- 8.112 divided by 13
- Geetika owes her brother rs 54. If she plans to pay him back an equal amount from her piggy bank each day for six days. Describe the change in the amount of money in her piggy bank each day?
- Ritu and her 3 friends are having a pizza party. They decided to share the bill equally among themselves. If the bill price is Rs. 460, then what will be each one's contribution to bill?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number