neuron is covered with myaline sheath. what does these junction called?

Asked by Mamta Chouksey | 24th Aug, 2014, 08:25: PM

Expert Answer:

Neurons are covered by a myelin sheath. But this sheath is not continuous and leaves gap or a portion of neuron non-myelinated at intervals. These gaps are called Nodes of Ranvier.

The junction between the two neurons where the transmission of nerve impulse occurs is called synapse.

Answered by Hemangi Binny | 25th Aug, 2014, 07:28: AM