how rusting is a slow combuction
Asked by vsirsa | 22nd Aug, 2015, 03:18: PM
Yes, rusting is slow combstion.
We know that, combustion is the rapid reaction of substance with oxygen to produce heat.
During rusting, iron reacts very slowly with the atmospheric oxygen to form rust that is iron oxide. It also produces heat but to a very small extent. Hence, as the rust cools off at the same time it is heating up.
Hence, rusting is slow combustion.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 23rd Aug, 2015, 03:57: PM
- What are non-combustible materials?
- L.P.G gas contains butane. its molecular formula is C4 H10. name the possible products obtained by its complete combustion
- Why do trees not catch fire on their own when wood is combustible and there is sufficient oxygen in the air?
- What is fire extinguisher
- Burning of air in phosphorus in air is example of
- what are the products of combution?
- How can you find the calorific value of a reaction in terms of kcal\mole?
- Respected sir/ma'am, Does sun shows combustion? Thank you
- Is it possible to boil water in paper cup on a spirit lamp? How?
- A student places two lighted candles on a bench. What will happen if he covers one burning candle with a small jar and the other with a larger jar? Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number