HOW DID SAVITRI PHULE CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIAL REFORMS?
Asked by mehaksri2001 | 6th Oct, 2014, 10:39: PM
- Savitri phule was an Indian social reformer. She along with her husband played an important part in improving condition of women in the country.
- She particularly laid stress on the education of the women.
- She is also considered as the first women teacher in modern Maharashtra. she along with her husband opened around five schools in and around Pune in 1848.
- In 1851, she also opened a school specifically for the girls belonging to lower castes.
- Savitri Phule opposed caste system and child marriages. She advocated widow remarriages.
Answered by Social Science Expert | 7th Oct, 2014, 08:19: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number