1.lemon is used for restoring the shine of tarnished copper vessels.
2.a metal sulphide is converted into its oxide to extract metal from it.
Asked by manya.bhardwaj.01 | 28th Oct, 2017, 11:01: AM
1. Lemon contains citric acid. Tamarind contains tartaric acid. This acid neutralises the copper carbonate and dissolves the layer. The copper carbonate is formed as a result of its exposure t the moist carbon dioxide present in the air.
2. It is because the metals can be extracted easily when converted into its oxide.
Answered by | 28th Oct, 2017, 10:49: PM
- How de we fill d shell
- Difference between Metal and Non-metal??
- Which metals are not malleable and ductile
- is it possible for every material to get free electrons after coming into molten state
- If is mercury a poor conductor of heat then, why is it used in thermometers?
- What are those element whose valance electron is 4 ? Is it metal , non-metal or metalloid ?
- Colour of copper
- How can we know if the salt of a metal or non metal is soluble in water or not?
- what happens when metals strike a hard surface.do they produce a sound.
- What is the chemical formula of kerosene? And why it is necessary to keep sodium in kerosene ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number