Depletion of ozone layer
Asked by Deep2510 | 5th Oct, 2018, 06:03: AM
The decrease in the quantity of ozone in the upper layer of the atmosphere is called depletion of ozone. This is also known as the ozone hole. Due to this hole, ultraviolet rays of the Sun can reach the Earth and cause diseases such as skin cancer.
Pollutants such as oxides of nitrogen, chlorine free radicals etc. are produced in the atmosphere. Molecules of ozone react with these pollutants and are destroyed. This causes depletion of the ozone layer.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 5th Oct, 2018, 09:47: AM
- What is bad zone?
- What is the important function of presence of ozone in earth’s atmosphere?
- Explain biomagnification with the help of DDT in water i.e. in the food chain phytoplankton→zooplankton→small fish→big fish→human
- 1.What is ozonification & deozonification?
- sir i cannot understand the environment chapter of class 10.Can you please explain me
- Name two waste material which can be recycled
- Suggest a way to dispose vegetable peels so that the environment is not polluted
- Explain how the pesticides enter a food chain and subsequently get into our body
- Do oxygen exist above the ozone layer ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number