Depletion of ozone layer
Asked by Deep2510 | 5th Oct, 2018, 06:03: AM
The decrease in the quantity of ozone in the upper layer of the atmosphere is called depletion of ozone. This is also known as the ozone hole. Due to this hole, ultraviolet rays of the Sun can reach the Earth and cause diseases such as skin cancer.
Pollutants such as oxides of nitrogen, chlorine free radicals etc. are produced in the atmosphere. Molecules of ozone react with these pollutants and are destroyed. This causes depletion of the ozone layer.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 5th Oct, 2018, 09:47: AM
- How is ozone made and how it is destroyed?
- How the hole in ozone can be minimised means how to prevent ozone layer
- what is biomagnification?
- What is bad zone?
- What is the important function of presence of ozone in earth’s atmosphere?
- Explain biomagnification with the help of DDT in water i.e. in the food chain phytoplankton→zooplankton→small fish→big fish→human
- 1.What is ozonification & deozonification?
- sir i cannot understand the environment chapter of class 10.Can you please explain me
- Name two waste material which can be recycled
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number