Compound A, the main supporter of life on Earth, needs a drop of sulphuric acid to give a rocket
fuel and the supporter of combustion. Compound B, with the same components of A are
colourless and kept away from sunlight, produces A and the supporter of combustion.
compound C is prepared by using diamond and the supporter of combustion. This compound
forms a precipate with slaked lime unless excess amount is passed into it.
(a) Identify A, B and C
(b) Write balanced chemical equations in each case
(c) Name the type of reaction in each case
(d) What is the colour of the precipitate left behind in the last case?
Asked by Shivani | 25th May, 2019, 06:58: AM
Compound A is water H2O.
Acidified water on electrolysis gives H2 which is rocket fuel and the supporter of combustion and O2 which is the main supporter of life on Earth.
Compound B is H2O2 which in the presence of sunlight produces O2 which is the main supporter of life on Earth.
Compound C is CO2 which forms a precipitate with slaked lime unless the excess amount is passed into it.
(b) and (c) Type of the reaction and chemical equations:
Electric decompositon reaction:
2 H2O(l) → 2 H2(g) + O2(g)
Photochemical decomposition reaction:
2 H2O2(l) → 2 H2O(g) + O2(g)
(d) When CO2 is passed through lime water for a short duration, it turns lime water milky due to the formation of a white precipitate of calcium carbonate.
Answered by Ramandeep | 27th May, 2019, 12:31: PM
- What is the relationship between black and white photography and decomposition of silver chloride
- what is a commbination reaction
- what is thermolytic decomposition reaction?
- Write two observations when lead nitrate is heated in a test tube
- Write the balanced equation for steps involved in white washing walls
- if the symbol of heat i.e triangle is given on the arrow between reactants and products the which type of reaction is that exothermic or endothermic?
- silver nitrate solution is kept in colored bottles.why?
- Give examples of photochemical reaction with explanation ...
- Which two reactions are used in black and white photography
- Why is a combustion reaction an Oxidation reaction
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number