Assam of money is invested at 10% per annum compounded half yearly if the difference of amount and time of 6 months and 12 months is rupees 189 find the sum of money invested
Asked by bantikhan5069 | 13th Sep, 2019, 01:14: AM
Let the sum of money invested be Rs 100x
Rate of interest = 10% per annum
So, the rate of interest become 5% half yealry
Interest is 5x
Amount after 6 months = 105x
So, the amount after 12 months = 100x + 5x + 5.25x = 110.25x
Difference of amount in 6th and 12 th months = 110.25x-105x = 5.25x
Difference is given as Rs. 189
Therefore, 5.25x=189 i.e. x=36
Hence, the sum of money invested is Rs 3600.
Answered by Renu Varma | 13th Sep, 2019, 09:55: AM
- Roshan invests rs 240000 for 2 years at 10% per annum compounded annually. If their income tax is 20% is deducted at the end of each year on the interest accrued, find the amount he will receive at the end of two years?
- What sum will amount to rupees 6593.40 in 2 years at C.I , if the rate are 10% and 11% for the two successive years
- Solution for - Q. Julie invested rs.15000 for 3 years at 10% per annum compound interest. Find 1) sum due to her at the end of 1st year 2) interest she earned for 2nd year 3) total amount due to her at the end of 3rd year
- Mr.Britto borrowed Rs 28000 for 2 yrs. The rate of interest for two successive years are 8 and 10% respectively. If he repays Rs5240 at end of first year, find outstanding amount at end of second year?
- Mr. Disney borrows Rs 1,00,000 from State Bank of India at 11% per annunm compound interest. He repays Rs 41,000 at the end of first year and 47,700 at the end of second year. Find amount outstanding at beginning of third year?
- Mr. Dubey borrows Rs.100000 from state bank of India at 11% p.a compound interest. He repays RS 41000 at the end of the first year and RS 47700 at the end of second year. Find the amount outstanding at the beginning of the third year.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number