Abdul, while driving to school, computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 km/h. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 km/h. What is the average speed of Abdul's trip?
Asked by reshma.sami13 | 28th Sep, 2021, 07:52: PM
Let distance between home and school be d km
Time taken from home to school = distance / time = ( d / 20 ) hr.
Time taken from school to home = distance / time = ( d / 30 ) hr.
Total travel time = ( d/20 ) + ( d/30 ) = (5d/60) hr = (d /12) hr
average speed = Total distance / time = (2d) / (d/12) = 24 km/hr
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 28th Sep, 2021, 09:57: PM
- A car travells 33 km south 13 km west and 14 km north in half an hour calculate the average velocity
- briefly explain different type of motions
- in 12 minute a car whose speed is 35km/hr travel with a distance of
- what is angular velocity
- A car travels with speed 30km /h for 30mins .and then with speed 40km/h for one hour find the total distance traveled by the car
- two men approach each other from opposite direction with velocity 10m/s and 15m/s . If their initial separation was 150m when and where will they meet?
- what is average speed
- What is Velocity?
- A cyclist covers a distance of 50 m in 10 s. Calculate the speed of the cyclist in I m/s (ii) km/h
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number