3. A glass cylinder with radius 10 cm has water to a height of 9 cm. A metal cube of 8 cm edge is immersed in it completely. Calculate the height by which water will rise in the cylinder. Use =22/7
Asked by rajsingh94116633 | 4th May, 2022, 10:06: AM
Here, volume of cylinder = pi r2h
Let the water level rise by height h.
Answered by Renu Varma | 4th May, 2022, 10:48: AM
- A conical tank with base radius 20 cm and height 40 cm is initially filled with water. Water drains through a small round hole at the bottom with a diameter of 1cm. Find an expression for the height of water in the tank at time t
- if d is the diameter of the sphere then its volume is dash cu units
- The amount of air present in a cylinder when a vaccum pump removes 1/4 of the air remaining in the cylinder at a time
- Social welfare Association decides to supply drinking water for the flood affected people the drinking water is filled in a water tanker which is in the shape of a cylinder with hemispherical ends as shown in the figure the length of the tanker is 4.2 metre and the diameter of the base of the cylinder to hemisphere are each 1.2 metre if the distribute drinking water to 60 people in a container each of the shape of the cylinder radius 21 cm and height 15 cm find the quantity of the voter list in the tanker after distribution in litre
- Water is flowing through a cylindrical pipe of internal diameter of 2cm into a cylindrical tank of base radius 40 cm at a rate of 0.4 m/s. Determine the rise in water level in the tank in 1/2 hour
- Water is flowing at the rate of 7m/s through a circular pipe whose internal diameter is of 2 cm into a cylindrical tank , the radius of whose base is 40 cm . Determine the increse in water level in 1/2 hours.
- A social welfare association supply drinking water for social affected people the drinking water is filled in water tank which is shape of cylinder with hemisphere end as shown in figure the whole lenght of tanker is 4.2m and the diameter of the base cylinder and two hemisphere are each 1.2m if they distributing drinking water to 60 people in a container each in shape of cylinder of radius 21cm and height 50cm find the quantity of water left in the container after distributing in litre
- A wall 24m long, 0.4m thick and 6m high is constructed with the bricks each of dimensions 25cm×16cm×10cm. If the mortar occupies 1/10th of the volume of the wall,then find the number of bricks used in constructing the wall.
- The largest possible sphere is carved out of a wooden solid cube of side 7 cm find the volume of the wood left
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number