1. Xcl2 is the choride of a metal X. state the formula of the sulphate & the hydroxide of the metal X
2.an element X is trivalent. write the balance equation for the combustion of X in oxgen
Asked by modmakers.goa | 23rd Aug, 2016, 09:28: PM
In the compound XCl2, metal X has the valency 2.
Valency of the sulphate is 2 and that of hydroxide is 1.
So the metal sulphate will have the formula XSO4 and the metal hydroxide will have the formula X(OH)2.
Balanced equation for the combustion of X in oxygen can be represented as:
2X + O2 → 2XO
Answered by Vaibhav Chavan | 24th Aug, 2016, 12:14: PM
- definition of radical
- Please let me know the list of 1st 20 elements
- Why is it necessary to balance a Chemical equation? While giving an example of a Chemical equation do we have to write a balanced equation?
- Electrovalent bond AlCl3
- Why it is necessary to balance a chemical equation?
- What do we mean by balance equation
- Please balance the equation . KMnO4 + HCl → KCl + MnCl2 + Cl2 + H2O
- how to balance equations correctly
- How to balance the equation NA2HCO3 + H2SO4 = NA2SO4 + H20 + CO2
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number