1. State the position and natureof the imageformed by a concave mirror for the following positions of the object;
a. between O and F
b. between F and C
c. beyond C
Asked by gspublicschool | 5th Feb, 2019, 10:12: AM
a. An object between pole (P) and focus (F)
Thus, when an object is placed between F and P of concave mirror the image is formed behind the mirror and nature of an image is virtual, erect and magnified.
b. An object is placed between F and Centre of Curvature (C) of a concave mirror
Thus, when an object is placed between C and F, the image is formed beyond the centre of curvature and the nature of an image is real, inverted and magnified.
c. An object is placed beyond C
Thus, when an object is placed beyond the centre of curvature of a concave mirror, an image is formed between the centre of curvature and focus and the nature of an image is real, inverted and diminished.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 5th Feb, 2019, 11:54: AM
- what is the difference in the shape of a concave mirror and a convex mirror?
- Give one situation of real image
- What is a spherical mirror? How can you identify that the mirror is concave?
- What is the difference between the real image and a virtual image?
- Which part of the spoon acts like a concave mirror?
- How can you say that a concave mirror forms the real image of the sun?
- Identify the types of mirror in the following diagrams.(a)(b)
- Mention any three uses of concave mirror.
- Identify the given diagram. Which mirror is used in this case?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number