1)in day in brigt light do only cones work as they are sensitive to bright light?
2)in evening and night do onlyrods oy eye work as they are sensitve to dim light?
3)do rods in eye fom a black and white image?
please answer with proper reasons.....
Asked by yogeshmittal177 | 13th Oct, 2015, 09:39: PM
The retina contains both the rods as well as cones as photoreceptors.
The cones provide the colour sensitivity and rods provide sensitivity to light.
Hence, both the cells are necessary for normal vision of the eye.
Therefore, we cannot say that only one cell works during day and the other during night.
3) Yes. The rods form black and white image as they are sensitive to dim light.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 14th Oct, 2015, 12:07: PM
- Difference between rods and cones
- under White light, what colour will an object appear to be in the following cases (i) it reflects all colours (ii) it absorbs all colours (III) it reflects green light and absorbs other colours (iv) it reflects red light and absorbs other colours
- What is near and far point of the eye?
- What is the difference between aquous humour and vitreous humor
- where does the image form in our eye
- why is image formed in our eyes inverse ?
- What are the parts of the eyes? How can we distinguish between all of them?
- Which phenomena is exhibited in the formation of rainbow? Define it.
- What protects the interior of the eye from accidents? Where is iris present in the eye?
- What is iris? Write its function.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number