The Concepts from which questions will be asked frequently from Physical Chemistry :
Solubility, Product, Collogative Properties, Molar Conductivties, Buffer Solutions, Equilibrium Constant related problems, Bohr’s theory applications, Heisenberg’s principle, deBroglie’s wavelengths, Gibbs Helm holtz equation, Nernst equation, Faraday’s Laws, Solid State (Lattice Positions, holes, density, crystal defects), Order determination, Gold number, Equivalent weight determination, Daltons law of partial pressures, Grahm’s law of diffusion, Vander waal’s equations. Types of Velocities, Hess’s law, Thermo chemical calculations.etc.,
• It is the most volatile branch of chemistry but at the same time it is easy and very important in view of time saving in exams
• Treat Organic Chemistry just like Maths,. Ie,. Read and Write
• Practice it in the form of sequence of reactions, flow charts and inter conversions consisting of preparatory methods and properties of several compounds.
• After making inter conversion charts, go through them frequently, so that u can retain and recollect at the faster rate.
The topics from which questions will be asked frequently are :
Stability and reactivity orders of carbonium, Carbanion, Free radicals, Inductive, Mesomeric effect, Stereo isomerism, Nomenclature, Named reactions, Mechanisms, Acids and Factors affecting it, Basic strength of amines and factors affecting it and Diazonimum salt reactions, Electrophilic substitution recations of benzene and Benzenoids, Preparatory methods and properties of Organic Compounds.
• Most of the students will face difficulty with inorganic chemistry because they need to remember and byheart so many points and which they forget very easily
• Inorganic chemistry can be made interesting with some scientific approach towards its study ie,. Compare the general properties of elements of all groups. Most of the properties are common in all groups with some exceptions.
• Make a tabular forms consisting of preparatory methods of elements and compounds, electrodes and electrolytes used and electrodic reactions
In organic chemistry is not only difficult for you but is also difficult to all the students. Difficulty is not because of toughness, but because of vastness. Instead of thinking that I am forgetting, better think that why I will forget and do work hard accordingly.
The topics from which questions will be asked frequently in inorganic chemistry are :
Molecular Orbital theory, Dipole moment, Types of bonds, Gold number Calculations, Nomenclature and isomerism in Complexes, polymers (nylon,Bakelite, Synthetic Rubber, Valcanization), Diborane, Silicons, f-block elements, Hydrides, Group study, Practical Chemistry, Compound of Xenon, EAN, Periodic Properties, VA,VIA, VIIA group elements, preparatory methods and properties of Hydrogen peroxide, Hypo., etc.