Wed March 09, 2011 By: Srijan Sood

What does it mean for a circle or a triangle to be circumscribed , circumscribing , inscribed , inscribing etc.

Expert Reply
Wed March 09, 2011
Dear Student,
In geometry, the circumscribed circle or circumcircle of a polygon is a circle which passes through all the vertices of the polygon. The center of this circle is called the circumcenter.



In geometry, the incircle or inscribed circle of a triangle is the largest circle contained in the triangle; it touches (is tangent to) the three sides. The center of the incircle is called the triangle's incenter.



Hope this clears the concept.
Team Topperlearning
Sat March 25, 2017


Home Work Help